GDPR Compliant Privacy Statement
Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means AAM Jewellery.
When we say, “individuals” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including:
- anyone requesting a quotation for a product and whose details are provided during the quotation process
- any customer who requires their product to be delivered to them
- any customer who provides their contact information and agrees to further contact from us
How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- to fulfill orders and arrange delivery of products
There is no obligation to provide us with personal information, but we cannot provide our products and services without it.
Anyone whose personal information we hold has the right to object to us using it. They can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider the request and either stop using their personal information or explain why we are not able to. Further details can be found below.
The personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities in section ‘2’ above:
- basic personal details such as name, telephone number, email and address
- We do not store personal payment details in any form. If payment for products is made through Stripe or bank transfer those institutions store the information in their prescribed manner and we have no control over that system
Where we collect personal information
- Direct from individuals
- Website where an order or quotation has taken place
- Instagram where an order or quotation has taken place
- Facebook where an order or quotation has taken place
Sharing personal information
We may share personal information with:
- Royal Mail or other delivery company whose services are used to deliver our product
- Payment gateways and other payment transaction processors (such as Stripe and PayPal) which have their own privacy policies with respect to the information they collect for your purchase-related transactions
How long we keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer the sale or as required by law or contract.
Know your rights
Any individual whose personal information we hold has the right to:
- object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- ask for a copy of their personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- ask us to update or correct their personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- ask us to delete their personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- ask for a copy of their personal information, so it can be used for their own purposes (the right to data portability)
- complain if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
- ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact form.